1. CONDITIONS OF USE
Users must read carefully these General Conditions of Use.
By using this Website and its services, you indicate that you are aware of and fullyaccept the following legal notice, conditions and instructions.
2. GENERAL INFORMATION
In compliance with the Spanish Law 34/2002 11
UNIVERSITY OF SEVILLE
Calle San Fernando, 4 (Postal/Zip Code E-41004)
Switchboard: 00 34 95 455 10 00
Student service information: 00 34 95 448 57 97 / 00 34 95 448 57 76
General information centre of the University of Seville: 00 34 95 455 69 99
General Office Fax: 00 34 95 421 12 94
The use of this Website is free. The contracting of some services offered on this Website may be, at the present or in the future, liable to payment, as would be clearly stated.
The access and use of this Website does not require previous registration by the user.
The HIGHER TECHNICAL SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING OF SEVILLE does not store passwords or manages the users of the UNIVERSITY OF SEVILLE, since the Virtual User of the University of Seville (UVUS) is managed directly from the UNIVERSITY OF SEVILLE.
The user agrees to use her/his login details (username and password) in accordance with the following restrictions:
- The password chosen by the user shall not violate the honour and image rights of a third party or shall not infringe in any way the industrial or intellectual property rights of a third party.
- Access details shall be used exclusively by the owner. The safekeeping, confidentiality and correct use of the details are her/his sole responsibility.
- The UNIVERSITY OF SEVILLE accepts no responsibility for any damage caused by the user or a third party as a result of the use of her/his password by other people with or without her/his consent.
- The UNIVERSITY OF SEVILLE agrees not to disclose the password chosen by the user to a third party unless so required by law or court order.
The use of the official website of the HIGHER TECHNICAL SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING OF SEVILLE shall comply with the content of these terms and conditions or any applicable legal provision.
The HIGHER TECHNICAL SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING OF SEVILLE reserves the right to deny access to this website to users not compliant with these terms and conditions.
4. INDUSTRIAL AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
The name "Higher Technical School of Engineering of Seville" and all trademarks on this website are owned and registered by the HIGHER TECHNICAL SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING OF SEVILLE. In accordance with Article 34 of the Spanish Law 17/2001 17
Third parties may not use these trademarks without prior consent.
Third parties may not use these trademarks without prior consent.
As aforesaid, the domain name “www.us.es” and all those names which provide direct access to this Website are exclusively owned by the UNIVERSITY OF SEVILLE. The unlawful use of those names in the course of trade infringe copyright and shall be prosecuted in accordance with law.
- The content, texts, pictures, designs, logotypes, images, sounds, videos, animations, recordings, computer software, source codes and, in general, any intellectual creation to be found on this Website and the entire site as a multimedia artwork are copyrighted under intellectual property law.
- Exceptions to this copyright include the freeware not owned by the HIGHER TECHNICAL SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING OF SEVILLE or the UNIVERSITY OF SEVILLE that the user may download from different sitesof this Website in order to allow access to the aforesaid sites. In any case, these applications are in the public domain according to the author's wish.
- The user is authorised by the HIGHER TECHNICAL SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING OF SEVILLE to view, print, copy or store in any form, in her/his hard disk drive or other removable storage device, the copyrighted intellectual creations and any other copyrighted or not piece of content provided that it is done for personal use, for non-commercial or distribution purposes and that the contents or aforesaid rights are not modified or decompiled. This authorisation for personal use implies respect to author's and industrial property rights and does not give any license to the user.
- Additionally, museums, libraries, sound and film archives, newspaper archives and any other public, cultural or scientific archive are authorised by the HIGHER TECHNICAL SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING OF SEVILLE to reproduce the copyrighted or not content and intellectual creations on this Website provided that is for non-commercial and research purposes.
- Any other use shall require prior written consent by the HIGHER TECHNICAL SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING OF SEVILLE.
The user of this Website agrees to comply with the rights referred to above and to refrain from all acts that may contravene them.
According to the aforementioned conditions, the unlawful use of the industrial and intellectual property rights of the HIGHER TECHNICAL SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING OF SEVILLE related to or contained on this Website as well as any infringement of the copyright shall be prosecuted according to Spanish and international law
The HIGHER TECHNICAL SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING OF SEVILLE reserves the right to take legal actions in order to protect its industrial and intellectual property rights.
On the website of the HIGHER TECHNICAL SCHOOL OF SEVILLE the user can find links to different websites. The only aim is to facilitate the access to different information sources related to culture and education. The use of these links respects its author's intellectual property rights.
Additionally, links to this Website must respect the aforementioned industrial and/or intellectual property rights owned by the HIGHER TECHNICAL SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING OF SEVILLE.
6. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- Information: any own or third party information contained on this Website appears on a “as is” basis and its accuracy or update is not guaranteed. TheHIGHER TECHNICAL SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING OF SEVILLE accepts no responsibility for any damage that may arise from the use of it. Additionally, the HIGHER TECHNICAL SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING OF SEVILLE disclaims all liability arising from any reliance placed on such information by the owner or any user who may, in any way, access the site. In any case, the HIGHER TECHNICAL SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING OF SEVILLE agrees to avoid unlawful content on this website and, in the event that the School is aware of this content, to delete or avoid the access to it.
- Errors: As aforesaid, published documents may contain unintentional errors (either technical or typographical). The HIGHER TECHNICAL SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING OF SEVILLE accepts no responsibility for these, but agrees to correct them as soon as possible from the moment it is aware.
- Hyperlinks: the links (with or without advertising content) on the website of the HIGHER TECHNICAL SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING OF SEVILLE allow the user to leave this site. Unless estated otherwise, linked websites are not related to the HIGHER TECHNICAL SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING OF SEVILLE, which accepts no responsibility for the content, alterations, use, or availability of the sites accessed via said links. In any case, the HIGHER TECHNICAL SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING OF SEVILLE agrees to avoid links to sites which may: contain illegal content, promote illicit activities, violate principles of freedom and human dignity or infringe upon the values and rights recognised in the Spanish Constitution and the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. Additionally, in the event that the HIGHER TECHNICAL SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING OF SEVILLE is aware of the aforementioned links to sites with illicit content, agree to act thoroughly to delete them.
- Forums and discussion groups: the HIGHER TECHNICAL SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING OF SEVILLE accepts no responsibility for the opinions expressed in permanent forums or temporary discussion groups which exist on this website. In any case, the HIGHER TECHNICAL SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING OF SEVILLE ensures to promote correct usage of these platforms and maximum respect for human dignity and freedom of expression, as recognised in the Spanish Constitution.
- Modification of contents: the HIGHER TECHNICAL SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING OF SEVILLE may regularly or occasionally, without prior notice, modify the information, interface and services on this site.
- Virus: the HIGHER TECHNICAL SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING OFSEVILLE accepts no responsibility for any damage caused by computer viruses and does not guarantee that this site is virus free.
- Technical malfunction: the HIGHER TECHNICAL SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING OF SEVILLE accepts no responsibility for the malfunction of this website caused accidentally, by force majeure, under the maintenance of the site or otherwise.
7. PERSONAL INFORMATION PROTECTION POLICY
- The website of the HIGHER TECHNICAL SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING OF SEVILLE may automatically log certain personal information about every request made of it. This information is collected subject to the Spanish regulation about data protection.
- Users guarantee the authenticity and veracity of all data provided by using this Website. The user shall be responsible for keeping the data up to date on a regular basis. Users are liable for any damage caused by the data provided.
- In compliance with the Spanish Organic Law 15/99, 13th December, about Protection of Personal Data, all personal data provided shall be collected and logged in a data file owned by the management of the UNIVERSITY OF SEVILLE.
- Users may, at any time, exercise their right to access, modify, cancel or reject the personal data collected and logged by prior written notice to the legal office of the UNIVERSITY OF SEVILLE. The exercising of these rights shall not affect the access to the website or the user conditions.
- Any personal data provided may be used for statistic purposes, remitting scientific information, incident management, carrying out market studies and for the specific purpose stated.
- Personal data provided may be disclosed to third parties only for the purposes stated before and in compliance with provisions 11 and 21 of the Spanish Organic Law 15/1999 about Personal Data Protection. Consent from the user shall be required when necessary.
- On providing personal data to the HIGHER TECHNICAL SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING OF SEVILLE, users agree to accept fully and unreservedly the processing of these data by the HIGHER TECHNICAL SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING OF SEVILLE.
- The HIGHER TECHNICAL SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING OF SEVILLE undertakes to comply with the duty of confidentiality regarding the personal data provided, to guarantee the security of the data provided by any means and to avoid the alteration, loss or unauthorised access. All these shall be done taking into account technology, the nature of logged data and any risks to which they are exposed.
- The violation of these conditions regarding personal data protection and of theregulations under the Spanish Organic Law 5/1999 about Personal Data Protection and the Spanish Royal Decree 1720/2007, which approves the aforesaid Organic Law, shall give rise to the complaint before the Spanish Data Protection Agency or to take legal actions if the responsible belongs to the UNIVERSITY OF SEVILLE.
Initially, the life span of this website is indeterminate. The HIGHER TECHNICAL SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING OF SEVILLE reserves the right to suspend or terminate some or all of its services without prior notice.
Any dispute in relation to this Website shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Spanish courts. Parties in dispute shall appear before the courts in Seville and shall expressly refuse other jurisdictions.